About the Unit
Yara is a Norwegian company, world leader in the production and marketing of nitrogenous fertilizers and industrial applications. Our mission is to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet. We have been present in Latin America since 1965 and have a global presence with more than 17,000 employees and sales in 160 countries.
Our fertilizers, programs, and technologies for crop nutrition increase yields, improve product quality, and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality, reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as a key ingredient in the production of a wide range of products. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors, and communities.
Yara has grown significantly over the last years in Latin-America and it is the region’s most important fertilizer company. Due to low average productivity in most crops, there is still room for significant growth for a company that manages to combine crop-focused premium solutions with scale.
The Commercial Manager will be an ambassador of Yara’s new ambition, to Grow a Nature-Positive Food Future. The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Develop and defend Yara Country’s or Region´s profitable commercial base while sustaining last years’ positive growth and good profitability
- Implement the identified commercial strategy with strong focus both on the farmer and the crop, developing an aligned base of distributors and value chain partners
- Support the transformation strategy, being a key partner for the Farming Solutions team.
- Contribute to Yara’s scale and excellence through participating actively in achieving regional and global synergies between markets
- Encourage and monitor compliance. Uphold, safeguard and promote organizational culture, values and reputation among customers, suppliers, partners, employees and the wider society.
- Represent the company (when needed) with authorities, customers, suppliers, and media
- Lead and develop direct reports and other employees in general. Ensure the implementation and active use of Yara’s people management process.
- Enhance company performance, as well as promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization.
- Lead a sales/commercial team that ensure Region/Country Strategy
- Ensuring alignment with overall strategy and LATAM interest and business reality.
- Engage the relevant stakeholders
- Drive the disciplines of way of working aligned in the region, for the focus crops / main segments.
- Ensure Yara’s strong HESQ performance is converted into an embedded culture
- Lead by example at all times and uphold the highest standards set forth in the Code of Conduct, always promoting them.
- Lead diversity and inclusion according to our business strategy. Promoting an inclusive work environment in which employees feel safe to be themselves.
Know and comply with the Policy, Safety Principles, guidelines and HESQ standards established by the company, based on the Safe by Choice philosophy, as well as the applicable legal requirements and Know and comply with the other requirements defined in the Matrix of HESQ Responsibilities, associated with their position / role.
Knowledge, skills and Abilities
- Degree in Agronomy, Business, Engineering or other relevant field.
- Preferably with Masters (MBA) or other Post-graduation course
- Commercial Yara positions, 5 years of relevant management experience with demonstrated team-working skills
- Previous knowledge in Agricultural Business
- Experience as Manager Leader 2 years at least
Knowledge and Skills:
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). Spanish skills is a clear advantage while willingness to learn Spanish fast is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver commercial and financial results
- Ability to anticipate issues, set priorities and proactively works towards the objective
- Proficiency on analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership skills with ability to influence and communicate clearly
- Capacity to manage operations and risk
- Change management expertise
- First-hand experience of development and implementation of programs / projects
- Excellent planning, analytical skills and project management
- Knowledge and understanding of Yara processes
Location: Preferable Sinaloa or Sonora.
“As a global organization we actively strive to reflect diversity in society. Therefore, we encourage all qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to creating a work environment that accommodates gender equality and enables professional development to be combined with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.
The position is open to receive candidates from any country, there is no preference for Mexican candidates.
En caso de que necesites algún ajuste razonable por favor cuéntanos en tu postulación.