Novartis Corporate Center Mexico City is one of six strategically located corporate centers established by Novartis globally. It brings together expert capabilities and talent across functionalities, that drives the business forward. It is home to 1000+ associates who work to deliver on the Novartis purpose of reimagining medicine to improve and extend people’s lives.
• Contribute to create consistency and traceability between user requirements, functional specifications, and testing & validation. Support validation and testing as appropriate and ensure adherence to Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Service Delivery scope.
• Support with internal IT systems and documentation requirements, standards (including quality management and IT security), regulatory environments / requirements (if applicable), DDIT Service Portfolio and with industry best practices in leveraging technologies for the business and taking advantage of reusable products, solutions and services wherever applicable. Additional specification required for testing.
• Highlight/identify gaps in existing functionality or current business processes in need of process improvements and system enhancements
• Document existing business processes, process workflow diagrams, and all other supporting documentation
• Define, analyze & refine business requirements with the project team and business stakeholders for delivering the necessary technology service and process improvements.
• Define & develop requirements related to Application Performance, SOX, Regulatory & Audit as appropriate for the enhancement or project work.
• Support technical activities & deliverables as they relate to requirements (Business, functional & non-functional).
• Support development teams by ensuring fast turn-around time to questions. Ensure relevant stakeholders are involved in specification of new services and/or major upgrades.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or IT
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Fluent in English
• Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment working in or supporting areas of Revenue Management & Trade Operations
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, leadership, collaboration and team working skills
• Requirements Definition, IT Business Process Management, IT System Testing experience
• Advanced IT skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• IT skills in applications such as Snagit, Visio, Miro is highly desirable
• Good understanding and experience with Agile Project Management methodology
• Knowledge of ERP systems. Formal project management experience or qualifications (PMP....)
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!